Preparing for and Navigating the Fourth Trimester
You’ve heard all about the fourth trimester and that is it an important time, but unsure of why or exactly what to do to help yourself heal? Then this is the workshop for you and your partner.
Postnatal recovery carried out correctly takes the physical strain off the body, allowing for a better hormonal re-balancing, breast milk production, and release of retained water, fat, and air by the body.
Why do I need this workshop?
A birthing body heals naturally. However, because postnatal recovery is overlooked in western countries it is not understood. For this reason, new moms are disrupting the healing process just by their lifestyle, resulting in low breast milk supply, low energy levels, and unbalanced hormonal re-balancing.
Deepest postnatal heritage
What is common in Eastern cultures is not common in western cultures. We need to look to cultures that make a postnatal recovery a priority, as I did. I reverse-engineered a postnatal protocol from Southeast Asia, which is the global benchmark when it comes to after-birth recovery.
- The condition of a women’s body after childbirth.
- The natural transition back to a non-pregnant state can be interrupted.
- Do you really understand your pregnant body?
- The Healing Window of Opportunity.
- The metabolic uptick that burns fat.
- Condition of a woman’s body after pregnancy and childbirth.
- Why maternity leave is not enough: A planned vs. a random recovery
- Why is this country so successful when it comes to recovery after pregnancy and childbirth?
- How to support and harnesses the active process of the revision of the effects of pregnancy.
- Adapted for a western lifestyle and diet.
- Week 1: Uterus Recovery & Wound Healing.
- Week 2: Digestive Well-Being & Tissue Repair.
- Week 3 – 6: Physical Recovery and Strengthening.
- Postnatal precautions to protect your body – activities and personal care.
- How to recover the core, abdomen, and perineum faster.
- Breastmilk supply and hormonal re-balancing.
- The digestive system after childbirth.
- 10 Postnatal Diet Don’ts – foods that interrupt the healing process.
- 10 Diet Do Guidelines – food that supports the healing process.
- Immune boosters.
- 20 recipes from my cookbook: Healing Meals: Simple Recipes for New Moms (2020).
- All the products you will need to recover from pregnancy and childbirth. A collection of natural products that work in combination to help the post-baby body heal, release, and recover.
- The magic is ingredients used in natural feminine healthcare for centuries.
- Review, usage, and preparing your products during Weeks 1 – 4.
- Tips and advice to maximize product usage and effectiveness.
- Links to beautiful product usage videos.
How is this workshop different?
It’s not just virtual with downloads. Each student receives two books used by birth professionals.
- The Mommy Plan, Restoring Your Post-Pregnancy Body Naturally, Using Women’s Traditional Wisdom (2019, 2012).
- The Mommy Plan Recipe Book – Healing Meals: Simple Recipes for New Moms (2020).
- Eco-Postnatal Care set, 10 products, along with product usage charts and a link to ten product usage videos.
By the end of this workshop:
- You will be more in control of your healing and hormonal rebalancing.
- You will understand how to design the 4th Trimester to work for you and your lifestyle.
- Know exactly what type of meals and body care from Day 1, Birthing Day.
- Be prepared for what you may experience – physically and emotionally so no surprises.
- Have a list of people you can invite into your support network.
- A sample 1 week postnatal recovery plan.
The Mommy Plan book
Through The Mommy Plan book and e-book, The Mommy Plan Recipe Book: Healing Meals: Simple Recipes for New Moms, the most effective, world-tested, traditional methods from Malaysia accelerate post-pregnancy recovery by tapping into the natural healing capabilities of the body. Malaysia, with its diverse population of Malay, Indian and Chinese cultures, has a rich postnatal heritage, proof of which is that the country has the lowest rate of postpartum depression in the world at 3%. Attendees will learn unique dietary, personal care, and activity guidelines that aid the body and speed up the healing process. The seminar promises to be enlightening and eye-opening. The Mommy Plan has been endorsed by many childbirth educational organizations and is listed as a choice of required reading for the Postpartum Doula certification by the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association (CAPPA) which is the largest of such organizations in the world.
“It is time to care for ALL new mothers, and The Mommy Plan is an important key to having the knowledge “toolbox” ready to help.”
Forward by Ibu Robin Lim, CNN HERO OF THE YEAR