A mixture of aromatic herbs, rich in essential oils used for cleaning and healing perineum bruising, stitches, wounds and hemorrhoids as well as keeping the area deodorized and cool. The sooner a new Mama starts using this wash the better, even in the case of a cesarean birth the perineum area needs attention and care.
Perineum care, cleansing, refreshing, deodorizing, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, promotes immediate healing of bruising, tears, wounds and hemorrhoids.
- Vaginal delivery: helps stitches heal faster.
- Promotes tightening of the vaginal muscles.
- Used for both vaginal and cesarean birth deliveries.
- Contracts genital tissues and deodorizes the genital area.
- Cesarean delivery: anti-bacterial, cleanses the vagina due from excessive bleeding.
- Rich in essential oils that provides instant relief to vaginal discomfort caused by stitches.
- Anti-inflammatory properties help reduce swelling and accelerate healing of the genital area.
1. Use on 1st day of delivery, 2 times per day for 14 days.
2. To prepare wash: Soak 1 sachet in 16 ounces (500 ml) of hot water for 10 minutes, OR for a
stronger solution, boil 1 sachet in 1 quart (1 liter) of water for 15 minutes.
3. Cool solution until lukewarm before using.
4. Wash genital area, OR pour hot extract into a large round bowl and mix with 1 quart (1 liter) of
water for a warm solution.
5. OR place bowl inside the rim of the toilet bowl and sit in the solution, immersing genital area.
- This herbal solution is meant to be made and used fresh every day for maximum effectiveness of the herbs. However herbal solutions can last up to 48 – hours in the refrigerator if required.
- Preparation: Water can be increased to 2 – 4 quarts.
- Overnight: Boil water, turn off, add sachet let soak until the next day. Re-heat solution on a low flame until boiling and then turn off. Let cool to a comfortable temperature.
- Immediate usage: Boil water, turn to a low boil, add sachet boil for 20 minutes. Let cool to acomfortable temperature and use.
- Before usage pour a small amount in a spray bottle and keep in the bathroom. After using the bathroom spray the perineum area and pad, do not dry, as the sanitary pad will soak up the excessliquid. This will allow the product to continually be absorbed by the perennial area and healing will take place at an accelerated rate.
- Sachet can be put in a small delicates bag and rubbed directly on the skin to further infuse herbs into the skin – not perineum area as you do not want the herbs to enter the vagina.
- Herbal Padsicle: spray feminine wash on pad as a base before applying witch hazel and aloe.
- Can be used in a Yoni Sauna.
- If the solution can be prepared and brought to hospital or birthing clinic that would be optimal.
- Can make a large solution and separate into two washes – 4 quarts or more, or each sachet can be used twice. The second usage will not be as strong as the first.
- Never add cold water to a herbal solution, this wash, tea, etc., as cold water shocks the herbs and will reduce the effectiveness. Always let a hot herbal solution cool naturally.
Rhododendron / Senduduk