POSTPARTUM ABDOMINAL WRAP
Firming, toning, water and flatulence loss, full support of abdomen and pelvic organs.
Our postnatal abdominal wrap, with a clip feature, is based on a traditional design that gives 360 degree support to a Mother’s postnatal body. The material is unbleached cotton which is soft yet durable for hours of comfort. It is handmade on a sewing machine. The wrap is easy to put on and most comfortable when worn under loose clothes. An abdominal wrap is an important recovery garment used in many cultures for faster recovery from pregnancy and childbirth.
Clients should be wearing by Day 5, however if they feel up to it they can begin wearing by Day 2, for 40 days, working up to 12-hours per day for best results. If worn 24-hours, remove for showering/bathing and sleeping.
Combination product to reduce boating and swelling in the abdominal area:
Apply herbal firming paste on stomach area, cover with a cloth, then wrap.
- Provides 360 degrees, full support from under the breast down to the hip and buttock to aid in the release of retained water, fat, and flatulence.
- Supports a weakened core.
- Protects internal organs from shifting.
- Provides firm of flabby, sagging abdominal skin.
- For the recovery and firming of the abdominal muscles and tissues.
- Snug support encourages the release of retained water, fat, and flatulence.
- Support encourages cervix and pelvic organs to shrink at a faster rate. Provides excellent back support while breastfeeding preventing slouching.
- Clip: Easy to open the clip in the bottom right of the wrap. Open clip when having to use the bathroom, change underwear or pad, sitting, or driving.
- Cloth tie: 24 feet long.
- Fits size up to 14 – 18, depending on body shape.
- The wrap is to be worn against the skin.
- Place wrap a bed with a strap at the bottom of the garment. The eyelets should be on the outside of the wrap.
- Lying on your back, align the bottom edge of the wrap to just below the buttocks.
- Apply firming herbal blend paste mask to the abdomen. Cover with a thin cloth, tucking into the panties and bra, to avoid the paste being absorbed by the wrap instead of the abdomen.
- Tuck in the cloth part of the wrap snug to the body.
- Select eyelet row A or B to best suit body size.
- Start at the bottom strap, tie the wrap in a shoe-lace or crisscross pattern. Ensure the straps are tied tightly, but comfortably, so the wrap does not slide and for maximum effectiveness.
- Lace-up to under the bust. If there are extra eyelets, you do not need to use them. Tie off under the bust and fold cloth down on the outside and smooth down.
Follow the above instructions. When standing, after tucking the cloth part snugly into the body place a clip to hold the top part of the wrap together and in place while you begin lacing the bottom. As you near the top remove the clip.
- If the cloth tie is not long enough, additional cloth can be added if need be. Just tie to the end of the cloth shoelace and continue.
- Garment can be tied lying down or standing up. Refer to product usage video for lying down tying.
- The wrap should be worn from the hips up to under the bust line.
- It is tied from the bottom up to support the perineum floor.
- If the wrap is longer than the torso, tie off the wrap under the bust line and fold the fabric on the outside of the wrap.
- The cloth strap can be cut if there is a lot of excess.
- The wrap should not slip or be able to slide around the body. If it does it is not tied tight enough.
Do not wear the wrap very tightly. The wrap is to be worn snug for a comfortable fit, but not exceedingly tight to cut off circulation. If dizzy or light-headedness is experienced loosen the wrap immediately. If skin irritation occurs discontinue use.
Caesarean / Surgical birth:
Wear very loosely on the incision area, only for support, as not to irritate the incision. Do not use the firming paste on the incision. Consult your doctor prior to wearing.
|WASHING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ABDOMINAL WRAP|
|WASH prior to wearing.|
|HANG when not wearing to air out.|
|Wash when odorous or dirty|
|Put in a delicates laundry bag to prevent strap from getting caught on the inside of the washing machine.|
|Wash in COLD water on gentle, delicates, or hand wash setting; OR handwash the garment yourself.|
|Use mild detergent, NO BLEACH.|
|AIR DRY: Hang out or lay flat to air dry.|
|DRYER: If using a dryer: use the lowest setting: DO NOT OVER-DRY. Take wrap out of dryer as soon as it is dry, as shrinkage of 5-10% may occur.|
|DO NOT wear if damp, or wet, as skin may become irritated.|